OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's still a bit too early for photos of beautiful maple/ginkgo leaves. See how they were on Nov. 28th in 2005. This year, on Nov. 25th, those trees are still pretty much green, and I'm going to have to wait a couple more weeks before I go to Josei park and Kochi castle with my camera.

These are some photos I took in my neighborhood today when I went walking along a small river. 


This was a huge tree with so many small persimmons hanging all over. Rather unusual.


Maybe astringent type?


Reed bed?


Comfortable shelter for ducks.


A cedar tree by an old, small shrine and a ramen stall which opens around sunset.


posted by obachan, 11/25/2007 08:56:00 PM

4 Comments:

Beautiful pictures! Are the leaves turning color late in Japan this year? Autumn has come slowly here in the states, usually by mid-October the leaves are beautiful but it wasn't until mid-November that they were in full color.
commented by Blogger Donna, 11/26/2007 2:46 AM  
Hi Donna!
Yeah, it has been pretty warm this year. Makes me worried about global warming.
commented by Blogger obachan, 11/28/2007 2:05 PM  
I have always looked forward to your pictures, and I am glad you put these up. Very beautiful and artistic, especially the last one!
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 12/06/2007 2:49 PM  
Really nice pictures obachan! Looking forward to more! :)

Take care and loads of love!

xoxo
commented by Blogger Pinkity, 12/11/2007 1:41 AM  

Add a comment