OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Monday, November 28, 2005

AUTUMN LEAVES

This weekend I spent some time at Josei Koen with my new digital camera. The weather was partly cloudy, so it was a good chance to practice photo-taking in different sunlight conditions. (Click photos to enlarge.)

Ginkgo leaves at suberiyama (part of Kochi castle) was just breathtaking. Good thing that those are fruitless type…otherwise the whole place would smell like hell in early autumn.


All the pics below are from one maple tree in Josei Koen. Though the tree is rather small, color tones of the leaves are just gorgeous.





Actually it’s easier to take shots of maple leaves here than at Kochi castle. There are a lot more maple trees at the castle, but they are all very tall so you can’t really get close to the leaves. Besides, because of many tall trees, you have to be in a shade most of the time when taking photos.



There is no doubt that this maple tree is everyone’s favorite. While I was taking photos, several people came to take photos like me or to sit under the tree to rest.

* See flickr badge on the sidebar for more photos of autumn leaves.
posted by obachan, 11/28/2005 01:04:00 AM

4 Comments:

Hello,I found your blog from Jen's blog. I was really impressed by your English skill. I'm a Japanese woman who have been studying English. I'm also blogging for improving my English skill. But my sentences are childish compared to your articles. By the way,my husband is originally from Kochi, and his parents still live in Kochi. So,I go to Kochi twice a year,and I have a plan to go to Kochi next winter holiday. I like your blog and I'll come to see here sometimes.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 11/29/2005 2:24 PM  
Sara
That’s a real lovely story. I guess that kind of memory never fades away --- it’s always there to make your life richer. Thanks for sharing.
(BTW, the ginko tree must have been really big! )

mama
Welcome to my site! So nice to hear from someone who is familiar with Kochi.
You have a nice blog, too, and I love the great shots from Yosakoi Festival. So you were there while I was dancing and sweating like hell ;) Small world, isn’t it?
My English is really not that good… but I love blogging about what I do and what I like in Kochi, so I hope you (and maybe your husband, too?) keep coming back to Kochi AND my site ;)
commented by Blogger obachan, 11/30/2005 5:59 PM  
Hello, I'm called Nokomarie. I'm an American with an interest in Japan and have been enjoying looking in your blog at times these past several months.

As I look out today at the bleak landscape outside of my window I feel quite jealous of all the beautiful leaves on your trees. I live on Cape Cod by the ocean and all the leaves are down and ice and snow are on the ground. Geeze, we haven't even put up the Christmas lights yet and all that mess outside is going to make the job unpleasant.

Oh, well, shall make the children do it. I think I'll make them hot cocoa and call my self a sport for doing it. Thank you for your pictures, you're quite the photographer!
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 12/08/2005 6:27 AM  
Hi Nokomarie,
Thanks for your comment. Oh, it must be really cold over there now. Maybe this weekend is going to be the time to put up your Christmas lights? You smart mom. Give kids great hot cocoa with loads of marshmallows, maybe? (I love Swiss Miss with Marshmallows.) That reminds me... I've got to bake Christmas fruit cake this weekend.
Take care ;)
commented by Blogger obachan, 12/09/2005 4:59 PM  

Add a comment