OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Monday, February 12, 2007

PLUM BLOSSOMS

It’s been really warm and my allergy is not terrible at this point. So I go walking quite often these days. Actually that’s the only exercise I do recently. I used to do stretching and some kung-fu exercise in my room. But these days, with Pinoko in my stomach, I’m a bit scared to do certain moves. Perhaps it wouldn’t make any difference because, as far as I know, you can’t prevent ovarian torsion completely by avoiding certain physical moves. And with the size of my Pinoko, maybe I don’t need to worry like that at all. But still… you know. I just want to feel safer.



Anyway, I go walking quite often, and now is the best time to enjoy the wonderful smell of plum blossoms as I walk. The smell seems to be stronger at night. Or maybe I just feel it stronger at night. When it’s dark, I get limited visual information, so maybe my ears and nose become more sensitive in order to compensate.

These are the shots I took yesterday. They both smelled wonderfully.
posted by obachan, 2/12/2007 11:43:00 AM

7 Comments:

Oh, lucky you to have flowers blooming! I am watching more snow fall outside my window.

I found a copy of Black Jack at the library. It was in English and the translator chose to make Pinoko speak with a lisp, which I found kind of annoying to read. But overall, it was pretty good. I'd like to try and read it in Japanese--is there a way of writing Japanese dialogue that makes it sound more childish?
commented by Blogger Donna, 2/13/2007 12:59 AM  
The flowers here are inside. They are threatening more snow in New York and we expect to get hit tomorrow. Oh, joy! (not at all. My driveway and snow do not mix. The driveway is too steep.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 2/13/2007 4:23 AM  
donna
I should say I'm lucky that it's warm here, because I don't like cold weather. But not having any snow at all is kinda boring...

Glad to hear that you read Black Jack. Yeah, Pinoko speaks very childish in the original Japanese version. Actually it's such a funny way of talking that no kids would talk in the same way. But that's what that makes her cute, I think.

nokomarie
Snowing there, too? I can only imagine what it would be like to drive in the snow. Have a nice, hot drink after driving. :)
Hey, btw, did you find tabi?
commented by Blogger obachan, 2/13/2007 11:00 AM  
Hi Obachan, I love your new blog layout. The colours are very pretty. And thank you for posting such beautiful photos of the plum blossoms are cherry blossoms! :)
commented by Blogger Lysithea, 2/13/2007 4:06 PM  
Hi Obachan:) The photos are very lovely indeed! They make me homesick a little... I miss beautiful white magnolia in spring time.

I am having trouble leaving comment... Do you why??
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 2/14/2007 3:00 PM  
I've just discouvered your blogs. They give a new insight of what is living in a country I love - Japan.Congratulations!
commented by Blogger Okawa Ryuko, 2/15/2007 8:35 PM  
Lysithea
Thanks! Actually the flowers in the photos are both plum blossoms. :) The white flowers smelled so wonderfully.

Ireney
Ah, magnolia is so beautiful, too. But I hope your homesick doesn’t make you feel down.
What kind of trouble did you have when leaving a comment?

Okawa Ryuko
Thank you. Hope you keep coming back. ;)
commented by Blogger obachan, 2/17/2007 11:24 PM  

Add a comment