OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Saturday, July 30, 2005

NEW TEMPLATE

Doesn’t this new template look more “Japanese?” than the one before? My mind is getting more and more occupied with the big dance festival coming soon, and my blog is, too, accordingly. For this festival, each dance team designs their original costume, and very often they use traditional kimono patterns somewhere in the costume, like this.  So I tried it on my blog template.

I used “see-through” background for the sidebars. I guess Firefox (maybe Netscape, too) or MAC users can see the stripes through the light purple colored background. (Sorry, IE users.)
posted by obachan, 7/30/2005 11:15:00 AM

3 Comments:

Obachan;
The fabric is gorgeous!!!! How beautiful... The colors and patterns of Japanese fabric are just so wonderful..There is no comparison here. Even your origami paper is beautiful. Such vibrant colors and delicate patterns. We find some japanese fabrics here in the states, but sooooo expensive. I was given a bolt of fabric when I was last in Japan by a geisha who is a friend of the family. I want to use it, but am afraid. Its so delicate and beautiful, but I want to look at it forever..ha ha.. what a weirdo.....ha ha. I will probably never use it. It has the most pale of pinks with other pastel colors. And a floral pattern scattered here and there. I wouldn't really know what to make with it. I would have to find a professional seamstress..... Too much trouble.. I'll just stare at it..ha ha  

Posted by Carlyn
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 7/31/2005 8:43 AM  
I don't think you're weirdo. I know a bunch of people (incl. myself) who say the same thing when they get something too beautiful :) 

Posted by obachan
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 8/01/2005 8:19 AM  
Love the new template.. Obachan.. ! very chic..! different..!  

Posted by Big BoK
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 8/15/2005 12:44 AM  

Add a comment