OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Thursday, July 14, 2005

EXERCISE...

Just one more month to the dance festival!

As a middle-aged woman suffering from a mild sleep disorder, I felt the need to have a routine exercise time, in addition to the brief dance practice at home, to be ready for the physically demanding task in August. I guess this idea itself was not such a bad one.

Today I walked up and down the stone steps at the castle, thinking it would be a good exercise for my legs. Now probably THAT was a bad idea.

When I visited the castle for sightseeing last January, the tour guide told me that basically all the steps there were made in the way that they would give enemies a hard time getting in from outside. No wonder the distance between the steps there always looked rather awkward to me. Unfortunately I didn't recall what the tour guide had said until I started feeling a pain in my right knee. I should have known that using those steps could cause more damage to my aged legs than making them stronger.

I felt so tired after the exercise, and felt very lazy at night when working at the izakaya.
Certainly I’m not cut out to be a ninja.
;P

posted by obachan, 7/14/2005 12:17:00 AM

2 Comments:

obachan;
You're too young to have weak legs!!!! ha ha....Just out of shape maybe? ha ha.... The strange steps were probably the cause of the pain... The builders of those steps were clever to know the distance that would cause painful legs and difficulty getting up them...ha ha. 

Posted by Carlyn
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 7/14/2005 4:18 AM  
Well, my legs have been abused for years to support the heavy rest of the body, you know ;) 

Posted by obachan
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 7/16/2005 7:12 PM  

Add a comment