OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Monday, May 09, 2005

A CHANGE

This usually happens every year around May when the weather is so nice and I see flush of greenness everywhere around and feel the whole world being ready for another brand-new start. I feel the urge to get rid of the unnecessary stuff and start a new thing or re-start something that I had started but could not carry on. It has just come to me again this year.

There’s one special change that I’m going to make this year. I decided to dig into the pile of old materials/information that I brought back from the U.S. long time ago and throw away most of them. I never needed any of them for the past 10 years or so, especially now that I can get more updated information anytime through the internet, but I just kept them to convince myself that I did work hard once and did something in the past. Well, I guess there is a better way to make myself feel worthwhile. For now, a large empty space on the bookshelf would be more refreshing to my eyes.

I’m also going to challenge something that I’ve always wanted to try. I’ll post about it when I actually start it later this month.

posted by obachan, 5/09/2005 11:30:00 AM

2 Comments:

obachan;
isn't it funny, but I also get the urge to "purge" at this time of year. It must be the spring and the need to begin again and cleanse from the long winter.
I need several dumpsters to do anything around here..ha ha...
 

Posted by carlyn
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 5/28/2005 3:59 AM  
Hi carlyn,
TKS for dropping by this site, too. I wish this "urge to purge" comes to me more often... then my apartment would be much tidier. ;) 

Posted by obachan
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 5/28/2005 2:17 PM  

Add a comment