OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

MOM IS MOVING TO ANOTHER HOSPITAL

Things are getting hectic around me since that big day. It's not so much of the workload in the office, but rather the difficulty in managing the combination of the daytime work and the chores I need to do at home.

Last week was another big challenge. In some traditional areas in rural Japan, people offer special meal to their ancestors during Higan period which is about a week around spring or autumnal equinox day. My parents have kept that custom, so last week I needed to prepare that special meal every morning in addition to the dishes for my dad. That ritual meal has to be strictly vegetarian; you are not even supposed to use animal broth to simmeri vegetables. But luckily the shiitake mushroom gives some good flavor, so taste is not the issue. The issue is having to prepare extra meal when I have to hang laundry before going to work. I managed it for a couple of days with no problem, but from the 4th day on, I felt so much burden on my shoulders.

Then I heard that mom is going to move to another hospital. This coming Friday, my aunt and I are going to help her move to a hospital in the neighbor city. Hope it doesn't make her unhappy.
posted by obachan, 9/29/2010 12:29:00 PM

3 Comments:

Just know that what you do is for the best and there will come a time you will look back and have no regrets.

take care
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 10/15/2010 4:37 AM  
It's been almost a year now, how is your mom? I hope she did well. Have a great day to you and your family. - Ana
commented by Anonymous LBC Philippines, 8/19/2011 8:40 AM  
Thank you so much for your attention to this almost abandoned blog.
Yeah, Mom is doing OK.I should be grateful, because I have been terribly busy, and she is the one who is doing most of the chores in house.
commented by Blogger obachan, 8/19/2011 10:40 PM  

Add a comment