OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Friday, October 16, 2009

OUR AUTUMN FESTIVAL

Mikoshi (portable shrine) being washed in the ocean

Yesterday (October 15th) was a gorgeous autumn day. I spent all afternoon taking photos at our traditional autumn festival. The details of the festival are posted here and here, so I'm not going to repeat the explanation again. Instead, I'm making this post a sort of "photo gallery."

The photos in my previous posts about this festival were taken to explain our tradition. But this time I took photos to vividly capture the atmosphere.
Gentle breeze playing with kids hair in autumn sunshine ...
Breathtaking red color of the costume against the sun ...
The smell of the salty ocean water that wet the miniature shrine and the young men's costume ...

... I did my best, but these photos are not conveying the real beauty of the scenery. Everything was much, much more beautiful that day. I wish you were actually there to see our festival!
*Click photos to enlarge. Larger photos are more impressive. I promise.

*写真に写っている方で掲載をやめてほしい方、またはここにある写真がほしい方は、kokopelli_sa88 at hotmail dot com までメールでご連絡下さい。
















.
.
*Photos by obachan -- All rights reserved.
この記事内のすべての写真について、一切の無断転載を禁じます。





posted by obachan, 10/16/2009 10:11:00 PM

5 Comments:

Hi Obachan,
Well, I messed-up on the last comment - Those photos were great! You could almost smell the salt, feel the cool breeze off the water and feel the excitement of the people looking at & participating in the festival. I sure enjoyed your article. In my dreams, next year in person.
ダイアナ
commented by Blogger A Prunepicker's Posting, 10/19/2009 5:58 AM  
hello obachan! I hope nobody drowned during the festival...your pictures are great...maybe next year if i'm still here in Kochi I can join the festival...By the way, thanks for the suggestion on the yogurt. I'm happy because you are the first one who made a comment in my blog, I never thought that someone else is reading it besides my brother. Thank you again.
commented by Blogger Unknown, 10/20/2009 7:18 PM  
what beautiful photos! = )
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 10/24/2009 1:23 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
commented by Blogger Nouvelle Personne, 10/27/2009 5:56 AM  
beautiful photos. thanks for sharing your traditions. take care.
commented by Blogger cecilia, 10/27/2009 5:59 AM  

Add a comment