OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Thursday, October 01, 2009

I HAD SOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!

As I mentioned on my foodblog, I got a job offer from the local city office, which was helping with the language while the city office staff gave visitors from abroad a tour in town. The visitors came from September 27th to 29th, and we -- at least I -- had a great time! :D Not just because it was my rare chance to talk with someone other than my parents, but because the visitors were such nice people! So cheerful, energetic, kind-hearted, humorous and full of curiosity... They were exactly the kind of tourists you want to have if you are a tour guide.
The visit was another Geopark-related thing, and those visitors were from a geopark abroad. These photos show some of the places we visited in the three days (but the photos were actually taken a few weeks ago. The weather was almost stormy during the tour and we got soaked wet while walking along the trail). But the nice visitors didn't mind the rain. They were so patient with our lack of preparation and poor language ability, and they taught us a lot about our rocks and plants from their expertise.





Oh it was such an exciting experience. Now I'm suffering from slight burnout and separation anxiety...

I wish I could have a job offer like this once in a while. :)
posted by obachan, 10/01/2009 07:16:00 AM

11 Comments:

Sounds excellent, Obachan. Glad that you had a great time!
commented by Anonymous Tindy, 10/01/2009 4:21 PM  
so glad you had a nice time :)
commented by Blogger K and S, 10/01/2009 7:02 PM  
How beautiful landscape! Interesting too the link to Unesco. Indeed it must have been an interesting tour and job in spite of weather. Hopefully you will have follow up tours! Good luck and keep spirits up!
commented by Anonymous Odoriko, 10/01/2009 10:02 PM  
Obachan,

Way to go!

Thanks for sharing the happy account & photos.

Wow, you live in a place with very unique features I've never quite encountered.

Take good care of yourself.....
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 10/02/2009 6:28 AM  
Obachan,
What contrasts your life has! Very nice for us to learn a little along with the people you toured with.
I keep thinking - wait until the word gets out about your talents...
ダイアナ
commented by Blogger A Prunepicker's Posting, 10/02/2009 11:45 AM  
Hi, Obachan. I've been a lurker of your cooking blog for several months. I have it bookmarked on my computer. Today I felt like seeing and reading something beautiful, peaceful, so I went to your blog. For my pleasant surprise, I found your other blogs and this one is also beautiful. Thanks for sharing your life. I wish I had your talent to write and take marvelous pictures. Good luck!
commented by Blogger cecilia, 10/05/2009 4:52 AM  
K & S;
Yes. Thank you.

Odoriko;
Yeah, it was great and I'm sure there'll be more chances for me to join a tour like this. I'm looking forward to it very, very much.

Anonymous commenter;
Thanks. There are more and more places of unique coastal scapes in my hometown. I really want to learn how to take great photos of rocks with the blue sky and ocean in the background... In my photos, when the focus is on the rocks, the beautiful blue in the background almost always turns white. :(

ダイアナ;
Actually I might experience a big change in my life sometime soon...

Cecilia;
Oh, I really, really love it when a lurker comes out of the darkness to say Hi. ;) Thanks for leaving a comment and I hope you keep coming back.
commented by Blogger obachan, 10/06/2009 8:02 AM  
"Actually I might experience a big change in my life sometime soon..."

ooooh, what? Tell us, tell us!
commented by Anonymous Tindy, 10/06/2009 8:20 PM  
Uh... Sorry, I exaggerated. It's not a "big change in my life." It's just that I might visit Hong Kong in November.
commented by Blogger obachan, 10/09/2009 7:17 AM  
Oh, well. It still sounds fun! I've never been anywhere crazy except Japan and the US. Oh, and Canada. ^_^;
commented by Anonymous Tindy, 10/12/2009 11:52 AM  
And you don't think those were crazy enough?
;)
commented by Blogger obachan, 10/14/2009 7:27 AM  

Add a comment