OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Monday, January 14, 2008

REFUGE FOR SMALL MINDS?

In Japan, you see the same type of news programs on most channels in the morning, and most of them have “your fortune for today” segment. I used to hate seeing it, because it can be pretty discouraging. Who would want to start a day with a prediction, “You are going to have a bad luck today?” So when it was time for a fortune-telling segment, I would zap the channel.

But now, job hunting at the start of the new year, I find myself visiting those fortune-telling websites almost every day. It’s interesting that the Western astrology and ancient Chinese fortune-telling basically tell me the same thing, which is good because they look reliable. They both tell me that 2008 will be a year of progress, and the efforts I made in the past years will be rewarded.
GOOD!

... This is how I'm getting the strength and energy to go to an employment agency recently...

BTW, I changed the clipart in the background. (Scroll down to see a cute little bunny made with snow.)

posted by obachan, 1/14/2008 10:12:00 AM

2 Comments:

Well. What happened? I assume you aren't job-hunting just to tell about job-hunting in Japan. Are you?
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 1/19/2008 12:08 PM  
Haha, of course not.
The bento shop I used to work at closed on Jan. 15th. Now I need a new daytime job. That's why.
commented by Blogger obachan, 1/20/2008 8:51 PM  

Add a comment