OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Saturday, September 15, 2007

SUMMER IS OVER. TIME FOR A NEW START.

Here are some photos from summer 2007. No, this is not my hometown. I forgot to bring my camera to the beach when we (my parents, my sister and her kids and me) had fun there. This beach is called Ya-shii park, which is about 30 minutes by train from Kochi. I went there when I terribly missed the ocean a couple of weeks after coming back from my hometown. I felt kinda stupid about being there alone, just taking photos, not swimming or anything. But now looking at these shots on my blog, I guess it was worth it. Photos like these do make me feel that I spent summer properly. :P









The summer of 2007 is almost over, and seems like the sudden resignation of our prime minister was the highlight of it. Many see it as irresponsible, and someone even described it as something like: “a pampered preppy boy just abandoned the toy.” (Maybe it was a passer-by interviewed on the street? I don’t remember exactly…) I don’t think everything was his fault or his inability, though… He definitely had a bad luck with the ministers in his Cabinet. Anyway, there must be a lot going on under the surface of the water right now to choose a new prime minister. And we just have to wait and accept whoever will be chosen. How exciting.

I haven’t written about it, but I changed my daytime job. This long weekend is probably the last peaceful weekend before rough days (weeks?) at a new workplace. But … Well, this is my choice, and I’ll take responsibility for it.
posted by obachan, 9/15/2007 08:56:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment