OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Saturday, September 23, 2006

SUCH A NICE DAY OUT

It’s such a nice day out. Not too hot, not too cold. Perfect day for going out with my camera and a nice bento. I’ve got to enjoy every minute of a gorgeous autumn weekend like this. (But first of all, I’ve got to finish doing the dishes…)

--------
Yep, I changed the background design though it is not the end of the month yet. It’s not that I got tired of the dragonfly graphic. It’s just that I cannot see it any more and I got tired of seeing the blank background. Were you able to see, until today, the sunset glow and dragonflies which came down with you as you scrolled down? I really liked them, but I hadn’t seen them since I installed Norton Internet Security 2006 about a week ago. No, that’s not exactly right… I was able to see them a couple of times when I repeated re-loading about 10 times. But when I re-opened the browser (Firefox 1.0.7) after closing it once and saw this site again, the background was blank again.

I don’t know what’s wrong… Turning off ad-block or pop-up block of Norton didn’t help. Looks like this 2006 version of Norton does not like the URLs of the web graphics I uploaded via a Japanese free blog (the one I use for keeping my watercolors)... So I tried to upload the dragonfly graphic to blogger using hello, but seems like hello can only take care of jpg images, not gif or png. Am I wrong?

So, I had to spend good amount of time, after I came back from the “lunch in the park,” to find this jpg image that I like. I think it looks pretty good… though it doesn’t look really “Japanese.” Is there anyone who cannot see the ivy fixed on the top left of this site? If so, please let me know your browser and antivirus software. No, I can’t fix the problem for you, but at least I can post an apology ;P
posted by obachan, 9/23/2006 10:33:00 AM

4 Comments:

Ohayo from Ohio, Obachan. I was just thinking this morning how glorious the weather is. I could live like this forever! We must enjoy it, just as often it's a cloudy day with rain, not to mention soon we'll be seeing our first S-N-O-W-F-L-A-K-E. (I had to spell it--I didn't want to say it out loud.)

I do like your new graphic. I never saw the dragonfly! Sorry, I'm not savvy on the technical side of it.

BTW, what happened to the direct link to your kitchen site from your main blog? You're worth the 2 extra steps, but I was curious.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 9/25/2006 12:25 AM  
Ohayo, June!
It must be so beautiful over there in autumn. Did you have a good weekend? I bet you enjoyed the every minute of it.
So you didn’t see the dragonfly on my blog… Mmmmm… I guess I need to stick with blogger when uploading the free graphics I use in this blog. I’m glad that you see the ivy now.
And sorry about the links! Looks like I forgot to copy that part onto this template, and I didn’t notice it until I read your comment. Thank you so much for mentioning. :D
commented by Blogger obachan, 9/25/2006 9:32 AM  
You may need to upload your pictures to an English-based url site as the links might well be unreadable to some of Norton's software. All that tiresome coding to cover kangi, you know...
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 9/28/2006 5:46 PM  
Honestly, I didn’t know that it was possible to use Kanji in URL, but I just googled and found that it IS possible via a website called RURL.NET. It doesn’t seem to apply to my case, though. The Japanese blog site I used for uploading the web graphics never uses kanji or Japanese characters in the URLs.
commented by Blogger obachan, 9/30/2006 12:08 PM  

Add a comment