OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I LOVE BLOGGING

The internet is great. Blogging is wonderful. They bring people together and broaden your horizons. These are the things I have learned in the last couple of years sitting in front of my laptop every day. But when I actually meet people I got acquainted through blogging, those findings seem even more convincing to me.

Yesterday at Hirome in Kochi city, I met Ian, a nice English guy who occasionally visits my blog(s), and his lovely wife, Misa-san. I have been enjoying their blogs, but chatting with them was much more fun! Especially when we chatted sitting on a funny sofa at a café. (Sorry, inside joke.) ;)

They brought me huge boxes of English tea and four jars of marmalade, all of which were the brands we can hardly find in Japan, I suppose. What a privilege! I’m definitely going to make myself a special breakfast pretty soon.
Oh, I love blogging!
posted by obachan, 8/08/2006 11:52:00 PM

5 Comments:

Hi Obachan, let me just say the feelings are mutual, we both enjoyed meeting you very much and thank you so much for the gifts, we both feel you are a very talented lady and destined for great things. Sorry I did not stay long to chat with you today when I met you in town(I was badly in need of the toilet but was to embaressed to say so) see you at Yosakoi:) your friends Ian and Misa
commented by Blogger Ian, 8/09/2006 6:31 PM  
Oh, hi! It was nice meeting you. Sorry I stopped you when you were in an emergency situation ;)

I posted about the special breakfast on my foodblog. Hope you have a chance to take a look.

Enjoy your stay in Kochi! :D
commented by Blogger obachan, 8/10/2006 1:51 AM  
Obachan, you have a very nice and beautiful blog. Your English writing is very well. Doing dishes is kind of waste to your talent. Thank you for sharing Japanese culture.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 8/20/2006 4:56 AM  
Hi jade beauty,
Thanks for your nice comment. I like the dishwashing job, though I don't want it to be the one and only work I do for living.
One of these days I might get paid for sharing Japanese culture with the rest of the world ;)
commented by Blogger obachan, 8/22/2006 11:43 AM  
This is my frist comments I don't want it to be the one and only work I do for living.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 4/16/2008 4:23 PM  

Add a comment