OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Saturday, August 05, 2006

GETTING READY

Now, it’s this time of the year again. The whole town is getting ready for the big dance festival and so am I. I bought a used camera about a week ago, and since then I have been playing with it to get used to. What I want to do least is carrying around the instruction manual with me during the dance festival and furiously going through the pages while the dance teams are passing by in front of me. You know what I mean.

The other day I went to Josei Koen (park) to test continuous shooting function with different shutter speeds. The people in the park must have thought I was crazy, shooting the photos of a water fountain forever in the crazy heat. ;P

1/1000


1/400


1/125

I even tried to shoot the pigeons flapping, but they didn’t flap when I had the camera ready, and when they did, the camera was not on the continuous shooting mode. Well, that’s life. ;P


These are my photographer’s tools this year. My camera: Fuji Finepix S7000 (used), the model that they don’t make any more. A two-way waist bag to store my purse, keys, camera case, batteries, chapstick, sunscreen and plastic bags. The nice outside-pockets will be good for storing my cell phone and compact digital camera (in case the other camera breaks). A PET bottle holder from 100-yen shop to be attached to the waist bag to protect myself from dehydration. And a hat and a towel to protect myself from heat exhaustion.

See how much I am looking forward to this festival?
posted by obachan, 8/05/2006 02:20:00 PM

2 Comments:

Neat pictures, and really nice new camera! I love stop-motion pictures like these. Too bad the pigeons didn't cooperate! Have fun taking pictures at the festival.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 8/06/2006 11:58 PM  
Thanks amanda, but you know what?
A typhoon is coming this way. It may hit Kochi on the day of the festival ...
commented by Blogger obachan, 8/08/2006 1:37 AM  

Add a comment