OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Thursday, October 06, 2005

SURPRISE!

When I was strolling around in a nearby supermarket yesterday evening, something extraordinary happened. The power went down all the sudden!

Have you ever been in a supermarket when the power was down? It was my very first time, and it really felt strange. Because of the emergency lights, it was not completely dark and we were still able to see our way around. The store manager told us that the whole neighborhood was affected by the power outage, and asked us to wait. All the cashers were at one cash register, trying to figure out something. I assumed that it had some kind of backup system so that all the sales on that day won’t be messed up. Maybe there were some customers who came to buy something real quick and wanted to hurry back. Too bad… Well, that’s life.

Having nothing to do, I just wandered around in the isles, not looking for anything in particular. I thought I might be able to just go home with my groceries without paying, but perhaps the automatic door wouldn’t have opened.

The power came back in about 5 minutes or so and made everyone happy. Thank goodness I didn’t have to stay there for hours. The cause of the power outage was unknown.
posted by obachan, 10/06/2005 11:38:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment