OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

STILL SO HOT & HUMID HERE...

I got an email from a friend in Canada this morning. Sounds like it's pretty cool over there.
-----

The election is over. LDP won. I’m not too surprised.
I support the postal privatization. I think it is necessary. But the plan they brought up this time doesn’t look good. I hoped that the postal privatization be achieved with a better plan, allowing it to take more time for discussion. That means, in my opinion, the postal privatization didn’t have to be achieved during the current prime minister’s term. To me, his biggest concern seems to be getting it done before the end of his term, not providing us with what’s best, and that’s what I don’t like.
-----

I’ve been watching the DVD of “The Incredibles” since last night. I like this one the best among all the Disney stuff I’ve seen. Now I’m enjoying it with director’s commentary and animators’ commentary on. They taught me something that I didn’t know before. I had thought that when they make films like this, the animations are always made first and then they pick people to do the voice and do the recording. But it sounds like, to make this film, the recording was done first and animators did their work based on the recorded lines. I wonder if that's the way it is now with any kind of animation film. Anyway, it’s so interesting to hear what kind of hard times they had for which part of the scenes. I was especially happy to hear the director saying, "Animation is not a genre. It's an art form." Gee…I wish I could do this type of creative work (though obviously I have no talent in that area...)

Well, time to go out for shopping! I still have a lot to do in the kitchen this afternoon.
posted by obachan, 9/13/2005 12:56:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment