OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

BEFORE AN EVENTFUL WEEKEND

It’s raining….
It’s OK. If it has to rain, it’s better be today. This weekend is going to be a real eventful one, starting tomorrow afternoon, actually. I’m going to stay at my friend’s house tomorrow night, then going to visit my friends in Osaka, Kyoto, and Okayama on Sat. and Sunday. Wow!

Having this weekend plan as a carrot in front of a horse, I’ve been behaving this week….so far. Eating at home as much as possible, living on the leftovers in the fridge, to save money for the weekend. Keeping eyes on weather forecast and doing washing/cleaning. See, I should be rewarded for these good deeds with a nice weather for the weekend.

There’s another deed that I’m proud of myself about. Yesterday I re-started something that I haven’t done for more than half a year. I have tried not to face it, kept procrastinating it, telling myself “I’ll do it when the time comes. I know I can.” It’s amazing how time passes so quickly when you procrastinate something in this way… I have felt unhappy all the time, but just couldn’t actively change it.

When I was a student in the U.S., we had to write a short paper about “What do you think causes people to make a change in their lives?” or something like that. I’m sure I didn’t write “Elevated 5HT level,” but it probably wasn’t too far from reality. Maybe this nice climate contributed a lot to my making a new start again as it did in the previous years. Let’s see how it goes this year…
posted by obachan, 5/18/2005 11:42:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment