OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Friday, November 05, 2004

2670 HITS

That’s what I’ve got from searching “Yuta Tabuse” on Google (English). He is the first Japanese player who made it to NBA (National Basketball Association) in the U.S. and is in Phoenix Suns now. (I was a Suns fan when Danny Ainge was in the team, and I still have a totally worn-out Suns sweat shirts.)
There’s no surprise that Japanese media is crazy about him at the moment, but I’m more happy to see that English media has been paying considerable attention to him these days, probably from a more objective point of view.

posted by obachan, 11/05/2004 11:18:00 AM

2 Comments:

I heard that the NBA is considering having actual season games played in China. I wonder if they would have it in Japan too. Is basketball popular in Japan?
commented by Blogger Dennis Mai, 11/11/2004 6:21 AM  
Hi Dennis,
So nice of you to visit this site, too :D I don’t know if NBA is considering Japan, too. Basketball doesn’t seem to be as popular as baseball or soccer here. Most Japanese people probably know Michael Jordan, but may not know any Japanese basketball player. Tabuse’s popularity would change the situation, I guess.
commented by Blogger obachan, 11/11/2004 10:47 AM  

Add a comment