OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Sunday, October 31, 2004

HALLOWEEN PARTY!

There’s a nice gathering place here in this town which is a sort of casual food court. Every year, a big costume & dance party is held there on Halloween Weekend. This is the chance that I can see almost all of my non-Japanese friends in this prefecture, and I never want to miss it. Last year and the year before I enjoyed dressing up as a movie character, and I was ready for that this year, too. Unfortunately, I got the last-minute call from the Izakaya I work at and had to work until 11:30pm. I went to the party straight from work, so I had to give up the costume. Nevertheless, I had a great time meeting my friends in costumes and taking lots of their photos!!

OK. These are just some of the fun-loving folks who were there at the Halloween party. I took too many pics so I cannot post all of them here. Sorry! I think I got permissions to post these shots on my blog ( but of course everyone, including myself, was a bit drunk when I asked, so …. Oh well. )


Bunch of fun-loving people and macho guys.......................




A big chicken and robot dancers. The robots brought around a casset player so that they can dance with the music. Good choreography. Excellent robotic movement. They must have practiced quite a bit.



From the movie "A Clockwork Orange" and a biiiiig sumo wrestler (I wonder what's stuffed in the stomach.)



Bunch of fun-loving people and a swan dancer, Kazuko Hosogi (a TV-popular fortuneteller), Ai Fukuhara and Ryoko Tamura from Athens Olympic.




Where's Neo?

I just love this party. I just love to see this many people spending so much time and energy for just having FUN! People are usually nice and friendly in this food court, but more so when in hilarious costumes and with some drinks. I can chat with, shake hands with or give hugs to those I’ve never met before, and don’t have to worry about deviating from the way a normal Japanese middle-aged woman should behave. No one cares. It's Halloween night!!! :D

posted by obachan, 10/31/2004 07:12:00 PM

2 Comments:

I couldn't suppose that you had such a nice party in Kochi. How I wish to have been able to join it!
BTW, I've posted two sketches I made with a pen and color pencils last autumn together with a short story at my blog site "Surely I'm Joking!"
commented by Blogger Tatsuo Tabata, 11/01/2004 11:28 AM  
Don’t worry. You can join us next year.
commented by Blogger obachan, 11/02/2004 11:18 PM  

Add a comment