OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Monday, September 20, 2004

HOMETOWN

There was a minor problem brought into my family by one of our relatives last week. I thought it was better that I had a talk with my parents, so I visited my hometown over the weekend.


Nice view, isn't it?

In the description of this blog, I called where I live now “a comfortably underpopulated rural area,” but my hometown is “an almost desperately underpopulated rural area.” The elementary school I went is going to be closed in a few years, I heard. Unfortunately the beautiful ocean and the mountains alone cannot keep young people from moving out of the small town. My plan, however, is going back there in several years to live with, or at least very close to, my parents. SOHO work is the key.

My ambition is buying an underwater digital camera someday and posting photos of lovely tidepool animals to this blog, coupled with episodes of my grandma. When I was little, she and I spent so much time together picking sea shells, and she taught me a lot about the life on the rocky shore. I don’t know why, but I just feel a strong urge to share the knowledge and memories she gave me with other people. It’s like that is my way of saying “thank you” to her, maybe.

Though it was a very brief stay, listening to the sound of the wave there really healed me. Oh, and the trouble was settled..... I think. :P


posted by obachan, 9/20/2004 11:37:00 AM

2 Comments:

Oh, you want to have SOHO work. Then playing with blog pages helps you train in that, doesn't it? It is sad that the young Japanese of these days leave small towns.
BTW, I added two new watercolors and an introductory page to old paintings on my home page.
commented by Blogger Tatsuo Tabata, 9/20/2004 4:36 PM  
>Tatsu --- Thanks. I saw your new watercolors. They are both fantastic! I left a message to the guest book there, but I'm not sure if it worked alright.

>SubEtha --- Thank you! I do enjoy updating my blog and receiving comments. This really helps me keep going :))
commented by Blogger obachan, 9/21/2004 8:43 AM  

Add a comment