OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

THE EXPERIMENT

Finally, it’s September! How about a feel of autumn in the blog? (For the blog header, I picked the pattern of chrysanthemum, a traditional autumn flower in Japan. )

I baked a very unusual kind of chiffon cake today as an experiment. What was unusual was that I put some acerola juice in it. You know there are things like lemon chiffon cake and cherry chiffon cake, so I thought acerola chiffon cake wouldn’t be anything completely off the wall. All I have to do would be just replacing lemon juice with acerola juice, I thought.

Theoretically, it seemed OK. And to my relief, acerola juice didn’t completely ruin the cake. The only problem was that I didn’t taste acerola almost at all. I put the rest of acerola juice in whipping cream to make acerola flavored cream. The chiffon cake tasted better with the cream, with more acerola flavor. But still I thought that more straightforward recipes like lemon chiffon or orange chiffon cakes were much better. Oh well, this attempt satisfied my curiosity, at least, and gave me something to post in my blog today.

Chiffon cake 1


posted by obachan, 9/01/2004 01:47:00 PM

2 Comments:

> Obachan --- You're a good experimental cook. I'm an ex-ex... (not a typo) ex-experimental physicist. I don't know if I was good or bad at experiment. --- Tatsu
commented by Blogger Tatsuo Tabata, 9/02/2004 7:47 AM  
Honestly, I’m not sure if I should call this an experiment or a gamble.
commented by Blogger obachan, 9/02/2004 9:55 PM  

Add a comment