OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Thursday, September 02, 2004

BARIUM SWALLOW

Who likes barium swallow? I bet no one does. That’s what I had to do today.

Well, I really appreciate the fact that the city offers inexpensive medical checkups. When I found out about that on the internet, I called them right away to sign up. It does not mean that I enjoy all the procedures I have to go through in the checkup, though.

This was my 2nd time to experience barium swallow. Last time I was given strawberry-flavored barium and I hated it so much. Luckily, the one I had today did not have the strawberry flavor, but still it was unpleasantly filling anyway. The radiologist was a very skillful man; he was so good at tilting the examination table quickly, and I felt like I was an astronaut in zero-gravity training. (Of course I’m exaggerating.)

I had another examination and came home at around 9:30am. It was very nice that they started early (7:30am), but I had to put up with the unpleasant stomach all day today.

posted by obachan, 9/02/2004 11:20:00 PM

3 Comments:

> Obachan --- I'm happy to learn from your blog that the application of radiation to medical purposes is going rather well. --- Tatsu, radiation physicist
commented by Blogger Tatsuo Tabata, 9/03/2004 8:04 AM  
I am interested in your blogs.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 12/11/2005 2:02 AM  
Thank you, Olin. :)
commented by Blogger obachan, 12/11/2005 10:27 AM  

Add a comment