OBACHAN'S SCRIBBLES

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

GET READY!

Well, I was going to go for the purple-based background with cherry blossoms that I had yesterday. But it's August now and darn hot +humid here in the southern part of Japan. What I need is a cold color! Yeah, give me BLUE! So here it is: morning glories and a background that looks like water. More appropriate for this time of the year, don't you think?

Morning glories always remind me of my elementary school days, especially summer vacation. We had to grow the plant and keep observation diary as part of our science class activities. In summer vacation, we were supposed to keep checking how many flowers bloomed, etc. every day. I guess I was not the only one who got lazy and asked mom to help making up the fictional observation diary.

Tomorrow ( I mean today, because the date already changed) is the 1st day of our summer festival here in this prefecture. When I went shopping in the afternoon, and on my way to work in the evening, I saw people preparing for the festival. On Aug. 10 and 11, more than 100 dance teams are going to dance at more than 10 venues in the city. This is the time that everyone in the whole city or prefecture is allowed to forget about everything else and be a dance nut. (Well, not everyone, of course. I'm exaggerating. Esp. this year, the festival is held on weekdays. Someone has to stay in the office and do the work for the dance nuts.) Anyway, I've got to get my camera ready!

posted by obachan, 8/10/2004 02:06:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment